Going on a First Date
Today is New Years Day. It is very exciting. On new years eve, I messaged this girl on HER. She was very nice and we spoke for a few hours. She was easy to speak to and I was surprised about that because she led a different life to me, but shared seemingly similar values. We spoke about teaching, sexuality, drinking, our future aspirations. She is very cool. I asked her out on a date, before we got quite drunk and said goodnight.
I was tempted to tell people about this, since I do not go on dates often, but I'll keep it quiet. Its quite odd that I would, but I have a few reasons.
Firstly, I'm not out to others as bisexual. Secondly, people tend to take things really far even if it's only the first date. Anything could go wrong. She could insult me and we could start a fight. Or she could show up 4 hours late and pass out in front of me. She could run in and confess to murder. Anything. This is why people overreact when I say I have a date. Thirdly, my best friend is my FWB. We've been hooking up for roughly 6 months, which is a very long time. The sex is amazing and he is the kind of person that would prevent me from what he would call "cheating". If people did not establish exclusivity, they are not cheating. He knows I do not enjoy the idea of exclusivity and labelling the relationship from the get go, but he is a very romantic type of person. He would hardly understand.
So far 3 reasons: me being out, people overreact, my FWB. I have another reason. And I'm really concerned about this one. My other best friend (calm down, I have 2), has recently thrown herself into a tragic situation where she almost begged a guy to sleep with her. She told him all her kinks and basically gave him a script to follow. He refused. This crushed her. Why did she do it? The majority of our friend group has had some sexual experience with other people, but she hasn't. She is really worried about when to do it. Not because she wants to be intimate with anyone - she told me she actually doesn't. She feels left out. She hasn't been out on a date in 3 years. And me coming into my sexual bloom has had an effect on her. I tried to speak to her, give her advice, talk her out of doing things she will regret. But I am still worried. Because I love her.
I know these are first date jitters. I am not desperate to get into a relationship. I am having so much fun just hanging out with my friends and going to school and doing my extracurriculars. I would not change my life in any way.
But if the right gal or guy comes into it, I would not be opposed.
I really hope my date goes well. Good luck to anyone reading with their love life too! Happy New Year, Humans!!!
Comments
Post a Comment